Buck 898 Impact Automatic Knife – 3.125″ Plain Drop-Point Blade
898 Impact Automatic Knife Features
Customers have been asking Buck for a tactical automatic knife, and here it is! The Impact springs open with the push of a button, readying the S30V steel blade for quick action. The safety switch keeps the knife locked open and closed for safe use and carry while the aluminum handle features a textured inlay for a secure grip.
This blade is full bellied with a strong, thick point for heavier tasks. It can also be used as a general work knife. The top of the blade drops down toward the tip, which minimizes accidental puncturing while skinning. The drop point blade is strong and very versatile.
Has a thumb stud, blade hole or other feature to facilitate one-hand use. Some models are one-hand opening and one-hand closing as well.
The steel behind the blades
Buck is a market leader in edge retention thanks to their steel selections and heat treat process pioneered by Paul Bos, whose heat treating system has proven to the best in the business. Each blade is put through a rigorous heat treat process and quality performance test then is tempered to the appropriate Rockwell Hardness through a heating, freezing and reheating system. This process, along with attention to detail through grinding and hand edging, is the foundation of Buck’s Edge2X technology. This gives you longer edge life, ease of resharpening and a blade that will not fail you.
S30V offers a supreme combination of edge retention, ductility, hardness, toughness, wear resistance, and corrosion resistance. For optimal performance, Buck hardens to a standard Rc 59-61.
Taking a century’s worth of knife craftsmanship to an unprecedented level, Buck’s Pro Level knives are designed and crafted to be used in the most demanding situations. Premium materials and revolutionary designs are combined with the highest quality American craftsmanship. The result is a superior knife that discerning users can rely on in any situation. Designed and handcrafted in the USA.
898 Impact Automatic Knife Specifications
- S30V steel blade in black Cerakote coating
- Deployment button for quick action
- Open/Closed lock feature with button release
- 6061 T6 aluminum handle in Black
- Open/Closed safety lock release feature
- Heavy texture rubber inlay for sure grip
- Deep carry pocket clip, removable
- Advanced Edge 2x blade technology
- Forever Warranty
- Product Level: Pro Level
- Blade Length: 3.125″ (7.9 cm)
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Steel: S30V Stainless Steel
- Blade Finish: Black Cerakote
- Steel Hardness: 58-60 HRC
- Blade Thickness: 0.12″
- Closed Length: 4.625 (11.7 cm)
- Handle Material: Black Cerakote Coated 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Locking Mechanism: Button
- Pocket Clip: Stainless Steel, Deep Carry
- Weight: 4.1 oz.
- Made in USA